Friday, May 25, 2012

No One Really Wants Complete Honesty- C.L. Anderson



            Do you believe that title is true? Are you one that is always honest? Are you honest with everyone, or do you pick and choose when you want to be honest as to not hurt someone’s feelings? After really thinking about it, I actually fall in the middle. I don’t lie, but sometimes I do choose to keep quiet, I know hard to believe right? We teach our kids to be honest (knowing as they get older things do tend to be a little south of the truth) yet we aren’t completely honest with them. Why is that? Partly because we don’t want to hurt their feelings and as they get older they spend most of their teen years in denial, so why waste your breath.
            Let’s ruffle some feathers here. How many people would you consider true friends? Now think carefully before you answer that. The reality is, we know many people and consider many people to be friends, but if something happened and you needed a friend in an emergency at some ungodly hour who would you call? I know a lot of people that say “if you need something call me”; they really hope you don’t call. Of course there’s the opposite, you have kids that are overly generous with your personal time, money and transportation. Oh yes, you’ve taught them to be kind hearted and generous and they turn that around and you’re the one that ends up being kind and generous on their behalf. You know this is true, think about it; how many times have you provided transportation to your kids’ friends and you really didn’t want to? They have those couple of friends that lack in the hygiene area and they seem to be the ones that always need a ride and your kid is more than willing to say “let me ask my mom”. Sounds like I’ve been down that road more than a few times, huh? Of course you say yes when you really would rather say no and there goes that honesty angel, out the window.
            Let’s throw some complete honesty out there without naming names and watch the feathers ruffle. First off, when you put clothing on a body that is over 300 pounds and your face looks like features were just thrown on to a blob of skin, there is nothing in the world that will make you look good. However, if you utilize some soap and deodorant, you may smell a hell of a lot better. You over there, stop thinking you’re all that and a bag of chips, wake your butt up, that ship sailed a long time ago. You could never catch so stop trying to catch a long lost youth. What are you trying to smile at? Please close your mouth, your teeth are more yellow than butter and look like they were filed down to little nubs. You were willing to let someone else get blamed for you embezzling money? Death isn’t even good enough for your scumbag behind. Really, you think you’re that cute? Ok, if homely equals cuteness now; sometimes people are given gifts they don’t deserve, but of course if a person gets stuck into it, I guess you make sure one way or the other you’re never alone.  You may be talented but talent will only get you so far; check that attitude and stop feeling like the world owes you something. That pyramid scheme you were running and trying to get others to join…yea, how’s that working out for you now? You were phony way back in the day and you’re still phony now.
            These are some of the things I keep to myself, but if I’m asked I will speak the truth. Would you do the same? If I said name your best friend, would you think about it so as to not offend someone else or would you just name the person. When my mom died, I told people that had known my mom for years and some of my friends. Well, one friend didn’t even remember the phone call the next day and another said the familiar “call me..blah blah blah”. Well, at the risk of ruffling feathers, let’s just say meet the middle finger to both of them. A friend that had never met my mom was there, now that’s a friend. That meant a lot. That also happens to be a person that doesn’t bite their tongue either.
            So why is it people don’t want complete honesty? No one really has the answer to that question. I would like to think that sometimes people are afraid to face their own truths so they don’t want someone else pointing them out. That actually sounds logical, but then I’m the one that says “ok, you know this to be true, don’t you think others notice as well”. I am one that likes honesty, even if it pisses me off, I can respect that person more. I love it when a person admits they don’t agree with what I write, that creates an open dialogue and maybe we can both learn from each other’s point of view. What I dislike is the person that publicly tries to blast you for what you say, then remove themselves leaving you no way to respond. That is the cowards’ way out and what little self respect that person had is probably sitting in the bottle they’re drinking from. Think about it; if there were more honesty amongst friends don’t you think the trickle affect would happen? Honesty starts with friends and family, as we get older; we start to realize more and more that this really is a small world.  Take a look at your friends’ list and you will see that somebody knows a few people that you know or someone is friends with people you don’t like. Wow, that six degrees of separation stuff is true.
            It makes sense that I say your friends before puberty are the ones you tend keep in touch with. They are the ones that knew you before you started making up this fake persona you wanted everyone else to see; wait, there was one that was fake then too. They are the ones that knew you before you perfected that less than honest behavior you have. I keep things as real as I can; I have no problems putting it out there if I’m happy or if I really dislike something. I also stand by the saying if you don’t like what I say then kindly remove yourself from my page. Exercise your right to make your leave quietly, I probably won’t notice anyway. I guess I’m as guilty as the next person when it comes to 100% complete honesty, but I guarantee you I’m more honest than even you can handle. ~Just my two cents

            

No comments:

Post a Comment