Monday, July 30, 2012

I’m a Mom Not a Politician~ C. L. Anderson



           Several people have written me asking if I was going to have some type of political forum. Why this matters is beyond me, it would still be MY forum. You would just have the opportunity to express your opinions. My guess is that it would be a short lived forum because I have very opinionated followers who love to express their views but not accept someone else’s. It’s amazing how many people have something to say on someone else’s page and when that person who has the page makes a comment back, the individual appears to get offended.
            Here’s how Facebook is supposed to work: Someone has a page and now they have their very own “public” journal. Since your name is the one on the page, you can write pretty much what you want as long as FB doesn’t deem it illegal in the FB realm. Now, this is how FB actually works, using myself as the example. Now this is hypothetical, don’t get your panties in a bunch. I put up a post or write a blog saying I don’t like what President Obama has done. Within 10 minutes I will have my followers divided by race, gender, relationship status and union affiliation blowing up my wall telling me how bad my opinion is. I will be told I support Mitt Romney and the political right wing agenda. Oh, it would be brutal. By the time I got through, there would be a lot of hurt feelings, life’s rough like that sometimes.
            The reality of things is I really don’t care to deal in politics, religious or money discussions. No one ever agrees; unless of course you’re siding with someone no matter how out there you feel their thoughts are. Having such a forum would take the fun out of everyone connecting; sure there are disagreements, but it’s nice to be able to agree to disagree and move on. Being a single mom, coming from a jacked up family and making some really poor choices for friends back in the day gives me more than enough to muse about.  There aren’t many women that can say they’ve worked in corrections and construction and endured the “good ol’ boys” more than one cares to think about.
            If the bigger part of your day is putting up how you personally feel you have every right to know what’s going on behind someone else’s closed doors, then you have that right. The only thing I would say is I hope you feel the same way when someone wants to know what’s going on behind your closed doors. If you feel that everyone should know your God, beautiful, great have it on your wall. Unless I invite that myself, it doesn’t belong on my wall. Admittedly I discuss my own experiences with religion; somehow I always get the ones that say “Oh there’s still a plan for you or some other form of malarkey.” Believe me when I tell you that it takes everything within me to NOT say “your beliefs are so strong and you believe your prayers are heard, why is your ass still poor as hell”. I don’t say it, but the thought is there. You see why I don’t jump in those types of conversations.
            I don’t share the same views as a lot of people and I’m ok with that. I really don’t try to. I try to look at everything tongue and cheek, it’s not that serious. I like to say I dislike everyone equally, that way no one feels left out. I love my friends and followers; I just don’t share a lot of their views. I don’t spend my days worried about who likes me or dislikes me; I remember a classmate doing that in 5th grade. Guess what??? That classmate is still considered to be a bit out there, all that worrying about….blah blah blah. Get over yourself.
            I’ve walked away from a lot of people; I don’t think it’s ever been because of their opinions, views or what they’ve said. It was probably because I felt the inner core of that person’s very being just didn’t fit in with my life anymore and it was time to move on. Seasons change and so do people. I have fun with what I do; would I have more fun if I jumped on the political bandwagon, heck yea. It’s just not worth the headache.
            For the record, I don’t like either politician. Neither is going to stop looking past their own personal agenda. I don’t care who sleeps where and with whom, not my business and certainly not yours. The only religious views I have are negative, therefore I’ll just tuck that away.  I strongly believe women shouldn’t have a statute of limitations on reporting of rape especially after seeing what’s happening with people getting settlements from the Catholic Church from instances that allegedly go back decades. So in my humble opinion, female rape victims are victimized more than once. I don’t like the fact that people feel they have the right to know what’s going on in their neighbors home, but if there is a case of domestic abuse no one speaks out. I think unions are great, unless you’re a female from the Chicagoland area.  I could go on and on.
            My position in this life is that of mother. It’s not the easiest position; the court of public opinion thinks they have the right to infringe on that as well. I don’t impose my views on anyone else and I would like to keep my platform free of that as well. One can write without jumping into a firestorm. Now, that doesn’t mean I won’t toss my two cents out there, just keep in mind I am the first to know that a lot of people will disagree. I won’t cause a firestorm unless I’m prepared to jump in that fire all the way. Those that know me know I love a good argument, an intelligent argument.  I believe this is why I’m good at being a mom and not a politician. ~ Just my two cents

No comments:

Post a Comment